Friday, September 5, 2008

Who's Anatomy?


This is what we did today.
Tony, I really hope that you get all my crappy drawings scrubbed off your body!
This is a part of my journal for today:
"I am quite excited about this. Spoke to Tony in class while we were drawing anatomy outlines on his body (yes, we really did.) that I feel sort of nervous that I might somehow fail, being so unused to study after like 10 years of not studying. He said that he felt the same way too. However, it’s actually fun to sit in class, listening, taking notes, talking and discussing the issues and views that come up. JK is a good teacher and she gives good examples.

The morning part we spent talking about anatomy. I am a bit unsure whether or not to learn the Latin names, but am taking no stress about that at the moment. It will come to me. Daniela and Erin joined us for the afternoon session when we talked about different schools of Yoga and the philosophy behind Yoga. It was really interesting and I love the feeling when being able to connect one thing or idea to another; old knowledge to new. For example, it is now much more clear to me why I might have troubles sitting in a lotus position (well, at least the modified version so far)– weak back, wrong diet, stiffness. Once again; this journey is continuous and we all start off from different platforms. And that is good."
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!
-Jo

No comments: