Friday, August 7, 2009

Children's Yoga at an orphanage

MESSAGE FROM INDRA

Dear friends,
this is a programme called DuniaKU, targeted to mid and lower income group of community in the society. what it does is, providing kids with programme that they couldn't afford such as art and yoga class. We believe (me and other mentors appointed), that children are the agent of change in the society. they learn how to make a change. Therefore when i was approached to join this programme, I was honoured, especially when the person in charge, Mr Sha'in, mentioned that Yoga will be the base programme(foundation values), I was jumping inside me.

The 1st pilot programme will be started very soon, like tomorrow! to an orphanage home in Old Klang Road called Pure Life Society. the place is huge with a beautiful garden and I can see kids are having fun doing yoga and making connection to the nature. they could get back to their inner life and soul with yoga...after whatever they have through.

Having said that, I m now in Indonesia for my family gathering, therefore I couldn't start tomorrow with kids. Thanks to myh lovely friend Delphine with love and her patient, she will lead the 1st and hopefully the 2nd session too (as I will be away to penang for yoga workshop next week). She needs helper at least 2 persons to help her with 37 kids over there. I really wish whoever read this message can help her. the session wil start 5-630pm.

Please get in touch with me to my mobile 016 3614 888 and i can direct you to Delphine to arrange where to meet etc. if you can't help, pls try to think who might be able too.

thanks and i really appreciate your help.

FYI, for helping, you will also get paid.

Namaste

1 comment:

cassandra said...

indra , i will like to help. Can i join?