Monday, December 1, 2008

Tony passed his Anatomy on the Sunday, 30th November.

Can I please say something to the three of you awaiting your turn: you are training to be yoga teachers first and foremost, not anatomists, doctors, physiotherapists, physical therapists, kinesiologists. So I need you to solve asana problems, NOT to be walking textbooks on muscles.

So all I want you to do is to be able to work out what the hell’s wrong with a student’s asana from SIMPLE FOUNDATIONS, not throw muscle names at me (I will kick ass the next time or scream the shala down): I want you to be able to work out which muscle is too tight, which is too weak, etc, what’s the problem with a certain posture. If you can give me the name, GOOD. If not, so bloody what!!! I am never going to get mad at you if you don’t know the names of the four quadriceps muscles.

So please for God’s sake do not be bogged down by the details to the extent that you do not see the problem. I will not be giving medals for textbook anatomy. This is all about bloody yoga, bloody yoga, bloody yoga and how to teach bloody asana. (I don’t believe I am teaching you all how to use information ...! But just so that you know how).

Right now, I don’t want to see or hear from any of you. I need to find a bar in Goa and try to forget you all.

1 comment:

sunyogakl said...

If you don't know the name, just bloody point to the muscle and I might even pass you, but I NEED YOU TO BE ABLE TO ANALYSE THE PROBLEM.